The United Church Benefits Centre
All information about United Church pensions and benefits is found on The United Church of Canada Benefits Centre website.
To Change Your Address
- Active Members: Please inform your Treasurer or payroll administrator. Treasurers will update address via ADP Canada, or directly with the Benefits Centre.
- Pensioners Members: Please call the Benefits Centre directly at 1-855-647-8222.
- Regional Council Staff: contact Employee Relations at the General Council Office (1-800-268-3781) to have your address updated.
Health/Medical and Dental Insurance
Note: Active Member and Pensioner Member Coverages are different.
To confirm coverage for treatments or durable equipment including any limits or qualifications around coverage (for example: a doctor’s note to verify required treatments) please call Green Shield Canada at 1-888-711-1119, especially when regarding:
- the predetermination of benefits for treatments or durable medical equipment over $300
- confirmation of coverage for overseas travel especially to jurisdictions with inconsistent access to adequate medical care
- any questions regarding billing or reimbursement of claims, including status of claims.
Employee Assistance Program
For Active Members of the benefits plans, confidential short-term counselling for any concern is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-387-4765 or by visiting www.shepellfgi.com.