Pacific Mountain Regional Council Events
- This event has passed.
From Decision-Making to Discernment
February 23, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
A Year-Long Program for Church Boards and Ministry Personnel
With Susan Beaumont
Most congregations rely on rational decision making to guide their leadership choices. Liminal seasons invite us to shift out of rational decision-making mode and into a more discerning mindset. Discernment is an attentiveness to God that, over time, develops into a shared sense of God’s intention for us and our community now. This year long program will equip you and your board for deepened group discernment practices.
PARTICIPANTS IN THIS PROGRAM WILL:
- Enter a three-way conversation engaging God, the soul of the leader, and the soul of the institution.
- Challenge the default position of most congregations to resort immediately to group decision making.
- Deepen their skills as group discernment facilitators.
- Learn how to structure a group discernment process and where to locate discernment activity in the life of a congregation.
- Develop a toolbox of practices for opening to God and listening to one another.