This is a powerful event in partnership with First Third Ministry, LeaderSHIFT, the Pacific Mountain Region Council Justice Ministry Network, the Vancouver School of Theology, and you.
Anti-Racism Work & Action
Leadership Conference 2024
April 2-4, 2024
Held in-person at the Epiphany Chapel, on the Vancouver School of Theology UBC campus, come empower yourself to engage key learnings, work, and action. Be in a Christian community of other ministry leaders who are working for an anti-racist church.
Anti-Racism Work & Action Leadership Conference is an offering of Chinook Winds & Pacific Mountain Regional Councils First Third Ministry. First Third Ministry’s mission is to support those who work with those in the first of life’s three eras (children, youth, young adults and families) – yet, this conference is designed to resonate for leaders of any, and, all ages and generations.
For All in Leadership
Whether you’re paid or volunteering, staffing a community of faith or un-churched organization, focused on children & family ministry or serving older generations, this conference centers anti-racism principles and actions in your leadership.
You can expect
- Varied learning formats and thoughtfully chosen content to engage key learnings, focus work, and empower action in your leadership.
- A Christ-centered conference fostering connection and relationship with other leaders who are also working for an anti-racist church.
- Discovery-based questions and reflection opportunities will help you to compassionately and faithfully examine your own ministry and leadership in your specific setting.
- An introduction to the materials from the new United Church of Canada resource for children and youth, Becoming an Anti-Racist Church.
- A convergence of your personal and professional call to anti-racism, with others like you – all seeking a new way of being church.
Go to the main event page: FirstThirdMinistry.ca/f3-conference-anti-racism-work-and-action