Queer Virtue Lenten Study Series – 2 Live Author Engagements, 5 Study Sessions
Your Regional Council Affirming Committee invites you to enter the work and faithful practice of exploring what it means to be a church of belonging. This series is a joint offering from the Chinook Winds and Pacific Mountain Regional Council Affirming Working Groups, and is being coordinated by Pam Rocker of Affirming Connections. All ages and demographics, identities and sexualities welcome! This event starts next week (Feb 10!) with the first LIVE session with Queer Virtue book and study guide author, The Reverend Elizabeth Edman!
The Book & Guide
- Queer Virtue: What LGBTQ People Know About Life and Love and How It Can Revitalize Christianity by The Reverend Elizabeth M. Edman (click for book ordering information)
- You can see a video from Liz Edmund here (click to view video).
- Download the Study Guide here (click for the PDF).
- Download the PDF Poster to share to your congregations here (click for the PDF).
The Schedule of Days
Author Talk & Series Opening Event
An Intro to Queer Virtue, with Rev Liz Erdman
- Wednesday February 10, 6:30-8pm PT/ 7:30-9pm MT – next week!
The Study Sessions
Lead by Chinook Winds and Pacific Mountain Regional Council Affirming Working Group Members
Monday Nights 6:30-8pm PT/ 7:30pm-9pm MT
- February 22 – Identity/Pride
- March 1 – Risk/Coming Out
- March 8 – Touch
- March 15 – Adoption/Authenticity
- March 22 – Scandal/Hospitality
Author Talk & Series Closing Event:
Queer Virtue, What Next?, with Rev Liz Erdman
- Wednesday April 14, 6:30pm-8pmPT/ 7:30pm-9pm MT
View the series’ February 10th LIVE talk with book author, Liz Edman, on our YouTube Chanel!
Registration – you can still join in!
Registration is required for access to the Zoom links to the Author Talks, and the Study Sessions. The Author Talks are open to all (even if you don’t sign up for the Study Sessions).
REGISTER NOW: https://form.jotform.com/210186971020044