First Third Ministry is offering an engaging program for Children and Youth at the 2023 PMRC General Meeting. This program will converge with the larger General Meeting community throughout the meeting, as well as have time in age-specific gatherings.
These are not overnight programs. Children and youth attending PMRC General Meeting 2023 must stay with their parent(s) or another adult from their home community of faith who will act as their Sponsor for the entirety of the General Meeting experience.
Children and Youth Participants are in the express care of their Parent/Sponsor whenever The Children & Youth Program is not scheduled. Please read the following details carefully before registering your Child/Youth.
Parents and Sponsors
The Children and Youth Program Participants usually come to the event with a grown up who is attending the AGM in their own right, and who is the Child/Youth’s own Parent or designated Sponsor. A Sponsor is someone who is a trusted adult from the Child/ Youth’s home community of faith and acting as carer for the entirety of the AGM.
Parents/Sponsors are responsible for the supervision and the safety of the Child/Youth in their care whenever The Children and Youth Program is not in session. This includes:
- ensuring that the Child/Youth in your care have eaten breakfast and have what they need to be ready for their program on both Friday and Saturday mornings (What to Bring list will be shared in advance of the AGM),
- arranging and sharing accommodation with the Child/Youth in your care, and
- arranging for and traveling with the Child/Youth in your care, to and from the AGM venue in Abbotsford BC. Travel costs are covered by the regional council.
NOTE: Saturday supper, the Saturday evening community event, and Sunday are for all people, all together. These parts of the schedule are are NOT part of The Child & Youth Program offerings. During these parts Parents/Sponsors are responsible for the supervision and safety of the Child/Youth in their care, while enjoying the events together.
The Children & Youth Program Details
- For people ages 8 – 17 years
- Registration: 3-4pm Thursday June 1, 2023
- Program Opens: 4pm, Thursday June 1, 2023.
- Thursday Supper is included for all Children and Youth participants.
- The rest of program schedule will be published by June 1, 2023.
- Accommodation and overnight supervision is not included in this program.
- All Children and Youth attending GM2023 must stay with their Parent/Sponsor.
- The costs of travel, snacks, all meals, and program supplies are covered by the Pacific Mountain Regional Council First Third Ministry budget.
How to Register your Child/Youth for The Children & Youth Program
- Registration is required (this is not a drop in program). The deadline is Midnight Sunday May 14, 2023.
- Registration is Now Closed
How to Register if You are a Sponsor
- Sponsors need to complete the “Sponsor for Children and Youth Program” form at this link: FirstThirdMinistry.CampBrainRegistration.com. If you haven’t used First Third Ministry’s CampBrain Registration before, start by setting up an account in the system. Please contact FirstThirdMinistry@united-church.ca with any questions or help with designating a Sponsor.
- Note: Upon completion of their Child/Youth’s registration, Parents don’t need to complete any additional First Third Ministry forms.
The general GM2023 Registration Form is found here: