The Ministry with Children, Youth and Families of Lynn Valley United Church is committed to:
- Being welcoming and open to all who seek to be a part of a community of faith
- Supporting each other on our individual faith journeys
- Meaningful involvement of children and youth in all aspects of congregational life
- Support and care for children with love and respect
- Prepare the Sunday program using and adapting a provided curriculum and sources which could include (Godly Play, Holy Moly, Whirl, re:form, Animate)
- Set up and maintain organization of classroom space
- Keep record of attendance, registering new children and submitting information to the Minister of Faith & Families
- Attend a monthly Team Meeting
- Support the work of volunteers in a respectful and appreciative way
- Assist with other ministry programs if available, as requested
- Report to the Minister of Faith & Families with any concerns or needs.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Leader of the children in our Sunday Program will create a warm, welcoming, learning environment where children can learn the stories of our faith and make connections with their own life.
- Leader of our children will have a familiarity with the Christian story and an understanding of United Church theology with a sense of faith and belonging within the United Church of Canada
- Leader will have skills in preparing, leading and adapting a program (curriculum), engaging the children and communicating spirituality and faith with respect to their developmental stages.
- Flexibility and creativity
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and screening
Working Hours: (billable 5 hours per week)
4 hours per week to lead the weekly Sunday Kid’s Club including preparation time, set up and clean up.
2 hours per month with CYFM Team or Minister for Faith & Families.
$20-$30 per hour based on experience
Lynn Valley UC is an employer that follows all BC health regulations. For the highest safety of congregation and its staff, we require that the Kids Club Leader be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.