Position: Online, Digital and Social Media Technician
Purpose: This position’s goal is to enhance the current digital, online and social media presence which aligns with the vision of the Central Okanagan United Church faith community.
Responsibilities and duties –
- Enhance/streamline production and co-ordination of the weekly online and streamed worship services and other broadcasts as requested.
- Advise on current sound equipment and possible replacement.
- Provide technical support for livestream and worship each Sunday.
- Provide technical support for other church activities and venue renters.
- Assist in development and training of volunteers within the congregation to support this ministry.
- Communicate regularly with the ministry team.
- Meet regularly with the Worship Core Ministry as requested.
- Attend Ministry and Personnel Core Ministry meetings as requested.
Required skills –
- Proficiency with live streaming production.
- Skill in working with sound equipment and other production equipment as regards live streaming and social media.
- Ability to work co-operatively as a team member, and to communicate effectively with staff and congregation members.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage.
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- Mandatory current Criminal Record Check.
Hours of work –
- 10 hours per week (average)
- 6-month contract position with flexible hours as needed to fulfill weekly requirements. Renewal to be considered by the Board.
- Work on and off-site as required.
Salary is negotiable, dependent on levels of education and experience.
- Report to and take direction from the Ministry and Personnel Core Ministry regarding issues of performance, concerns, conflict and/or difficult situations.
- Report directly to the Minister of Music.
- May take direction from the Ministers.