Job Number: 21-45
Opening/Closing Date: September 24, 2021 to October 15, 2021
Email Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pacific Mountain Regional Council is responsible for encouraging and engaging in joining our collective hearts, voices, and resources to witness to the gospel and vision of Jesus for a compassionate and just society, both in Canada and around the world; local, regional, national, and global initiatives and partnerships (community, ecumenical, and interfaith) for ministry, mission, and justice work; ministry with children, youth, and young adults; honouring and living into intercultural mission and ministry; and living in covenant with Mother Earth and All My Relations in the Earth community.
The Regional Council is a decision-making body responsible to serve and support Communities of Faith within its bounds and provide necessary oversight. Pacific Mountain and Chinook Winds Regional Councils share staff that serve both Regional Councils.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and life experience with 3-4 years related work experience in ministry and/or human resources
- Knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the life and work of The United Church of Canada with the ability to share this knowledge clearly within the church
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to communicate competently and effectively from an informed theological perspective
- Excellent analytical skills, discernment good judgment in dealing with critical issues
- Ability to discern appropriate pathways through complex issues, problems or opportunities and the impact or implication of decisions and actions
- Demonstrated facilitation and administrative skills
- A commitment to maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries at all times
- Strong administration, time management, planning, organizational and implementation skills
- Ability to manage a wide range of administrative responsibilities, including the development and management of financial budgets
- Solid computer skills with a demonstrated ability to use various forms of digital communications and social media
- A collegial, consultative leadership style with volunteers and staff
- Commitment to support the church’s work of reconciliation, and its desire to be anti-racist and bilingual
- Sensitivity, respect for, and an openness to working creatively, openly, transparently, tactfully and diplomatically with the diverse social and cultural realities of the Region
- Willingness and ability to travel within the regional council
- An awareness of organizational development concepts together with a willingness to explore new initiatives and learnings, and the flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the church
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with United Church of Canada, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
This position works from a home office in the greater Vancouver area under normal working conditions. Meeting space will be available at the regional office in Burnaby, BC They interact with lay staff, ministers, volunteers, executive officers. Manual dexterity required to use laptop computer and peripherals. Intermittent physical activity including sitting, standing, and lifting. Occasional overtime may be required.
Salary will be based on skills and experience, within the category 8 position pro-rated salary range of $35,359 – $47,144 (Lay Equivalent rate) / $31,122 – $41,496 (Order of Ministry rate). Pension and group benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out this compensation package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to email@example.com.