Finances for Healthy Congregations
Welcome to the Finance Hub of British Columbia Conference. Here you will find: Funds administered by BC Conference Grants Committee, Other sources of Funding, Other Finance Information.
The following funds are administered by the BC Conference Grants Committee:
The Imagine Fund
The Imagine Fund exists to assist individuals to apply for grants to attend Educational Events related to Faith and Leadership Development. Grants are given to those Youth and Young Adults most in need who may not be able to participate in events unless they receive this grant. The Grants committee will consider the question: how will this experience enhance the ministry by and for Youth and Young Adults and encourage their involvement in the life of the United Church of Canada. Proposals must clearly address the goals of the British Columbia Conference of healthy congregations, effective leadership and faithful public witness. The Imagine Fund is available for Youth and Young Adults aged 13-25.
Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders
The Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders exists to support leadership development events (courses and workshops) for lay leaders and ministry personnel. These events will focus on the goals of the British Columbia Conference of healthy congregations, effective leadership and faithful public witness. Events that meet the established criteria are eligible for grants.
ProVision grants are a legacy from congregational properties and camps sold throughout the former BC Conference, now Pacific Mountain Region.
The ProVision Funds provide grants to empower those who intend to do one or more of the following:
- Foster or create new ministries. In particular, but not exclusively, those which address one of more of these United Church priorities : Reconciliation, Intercultural, Children’s, Youth and Intergenerational programs and ministries;
- Provide programs which reach out from the church to address needs in the community;
- Research or strategic planning for the development of new ministry;
- Launch new ministries or projects ‘on the edge’ of the church’s experience or which are intended to address transformative change in the life of a Community of Faith; and
- Develop community-based ministries, possibly partnering with other agencies.
The next submission deadline for ProVision Applications is February 15th, 2019.
Note: ProVision Committees meet three times per year to consider applications. The deadlines to submit applications are February 15, May 15, and October 15. To apply for a ProVision grant, click here. All ProVision applications must be completed on-line.
Mission Support Grants (Current submission deadline September 30, 2020. Email completed form to email@example.com)
National Church Loans and Grants that include the following:
- Capital Assistance Programmes call the Conference Office (604) 431-0434 or 1-800-934-0434
- Flexible Initiative Grants provide seed money to United Church theological schools or programs for new initiatives.
- Technology Grants for United Church pastoral charges and outreach ministries.
- Vision Fund supports innovative, creative, and new congregational Youth and Young Adult ministry in The United Church of Canada.
- Watkins Fund for Senior Adults.
Other Finance Information