ST. ANDREW’S UNITED CHURCH
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
The Community Outreach Coordinator will work as part of a team comprised of staff, church, and community volunteers who welcome individuals to St. Andrew’s United Church in North Vancouver, near Lions Gate Hospital. We are looking for an enthusiastic team member who is keen to learn and grow in a supportive environment.
- Maintain function of community kitchen
- Ensure Vancouver Coastal Health guidelines are maintained or exceeded (cleanliness, pest control, monitoring freezers, refrigerator, dishwasher, pantry, completion of FoodSafe or Food Handling course for kitchen volunteers)
- Monitor daily recycling and removal of organics, recycling, and garbage
- Recruit and train community kitchen volunteers
- Manage Thursday community lunch program (monitoring costs, volunteer hours, menus, food purchases, and food preparation)
- Plan and implement other community kitchen programs
- Represent the church at community garden meetings
- Manage St. Andrew’s four vegetable garden plots (planting/watering/harvesting)
- Manage St. Andrew’s flower gardens, community herb garden, and butterfly and bee gardens (recruit volunteers to water regularly)
Other Outreach Projects
- Provide support for ongoing outreach projects related to the climate crisis, Guaranteed Livable Income campaign, and other projects that may arise from time to time.
- Other responsibilities as time permits
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Current Emergency First Aid certificate, FoodSale certificate; Criminal Records Check.
- Experience in program coordination, volunteer management, and/or hospitality.
- Familiarity with The United Church of Canada an asset.
Hours: Full-time, 30 hours weekly with full benefits, Tuesday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm (flexibility occasionally required)
Location: St. Andrew’s United Church, 1044 St. George’s Avenue in North Vancouver
Please send your resume to Judith Hardcastle at firstname.lastname@example.org before FRI. AUG. 12, 2022.
We appreciate all expressions of interest from anyone, regardless of how you identify.
We encourage folk who identify as BIPOC or from other under-represented groups to apply.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.