ABOUT OUR CHURCH
The Inlet United Church is a dynamic and welcoming church. Our highly motivated and creative ministers provide programs to engage all ages and needs of the congregation and our community. Our beautiful new development The Springs, fronting on 2312 St. Johns St. in Port Moody, was completed in 2022. The Springs includes our new Inlet United Church (sanctuary space, church office and meeting spaces), affordable rental housing, and the Tri-Cities Children’s Centre (operated by Kinsight and Share Family and Community Services). The Inlet United Church spaces are located on the north side of the building at 2315 Spring Street. Our second Inlet United Church site at Ioco is a heritage church.
Our Vision: We are rooted in our Christian faith, supported by the strength and wisdom of our faith community, connected with the communities within which we live, work and serve.
We are currently looking for a part-time Office Administrator (OA) to start as soon as possible. This position requires the ability to perform general office duties and requires technical competence, with the ability to adapt to other technologies as needs change.
This person acts as the general administrator of the church office and is often the primary contact with the community. The OA assists and supports our two Ministers, the Board and other volunteer leaders in the church. Strong communication skills, tech skills, the ability to prioritize work, and the ability to work independently are necessary requirements.
- Part time: 12 hour per week position
- Preferred days: Tuesday to Friday or Tuesday to Thursday
- Wage will be $20.00 per hour
- Vacation time will consist of 2 weeks
- Start date: as soon as possible
PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES MUST HAVE
- A minimum of some post-secondary education and/or one to two years of office experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint and G-Suite (Google Work Space)
- Proficiency managing social media (i.e. Facebook and Instagram), updating website and be willing to learn new applications and programs as required.
- Proficiency in designing posters, fliers, and other materials as requested using current programs (i.e. Canva).
- Proficiency in data entry
- A working knowledge of other basic communication systems (i.e. phone, answering systems, and photocopier).
- A willingness to learn the current requirements of the United Church such as maintaining statistics, format requirements of minutes, archiving processes, registrations, and other church business. Communicates those requirements to the appropriate person(s) as required.
- Ability to file necessary records and documents both electronically and in paper format as needed.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and adapt quickly and easily to changes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with changing priorities
- Ability to work with a variety of people in the Faith Community
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Presents a professional, friendly, and approachable manner
HOW TO APPLY
- Please demonstrate in the cover letter how your education and experience meets the criteria · Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Application deadline is September 7, 2022.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- All applications will be acknowledged by email
- Selected applicants will be notified for interviews
- All applicants must be legal to work in Canada
- To receive a complete Job Description e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org