Located in the heart of Kerrisdale, Dunbar and the Southlands, Knox United Church has been serving in the west side of Vancouver for over 100 years. In July 2021, Knox will demolish our old hall and break ground for a new community building — from which we will live out our Vision: to engage our neighbours through the Arts, building a community without loneliness.
We’re looking for an experienced Organizer / Relocation Specialist. This is a part-time, fixed-term position, up to 20 hours per week, and is expected to last 4 months (could be extended based on project requirements).
Working with Knox’s Minister, Board Chair and Building Committee Chair, you’ll lead a small working group of staff and congregants to accomplish the downsizing, organizing, storage and relocation tasks needed to be ready for this next phase of our life. The current hall includes 3 offices, 3 multi-purpose rooms, a gym, a large kitchen, storage rooms, etc. You will:
- Establish dates and timelines based on the development project timeline.
- Identify and secure nearby rental office and storage spaces.
- Organize the relocation of offices and items destined for storage.
- Support a process for “downsizing” items which may be cherished but are no longer needed.
- Lead conversations and decision-making around reconfiguring spaces in our sanctuary for alternative and unconventional uses during the project.
- Delegate tasks and follow up to ensure completion.
- Update the congregation regularly (website, newsletter, virtual gatherings).
- Ensure COVID-19 protocols are observed.
- Prior experience as an event planner, relocation specialist, professional organizer / downsizer or similar.
- Great references from past similar projects.
- Able to use Zoom and Basecamp – or quick at mastering new tech.
- Strong communication skills – you’re able to build consensus, facilitate sound decision-making, and you have a knack for knowing who needs to know what and by when.
- Positive, empathetic, organized, confident, mature and decisive.
- It helps if you live or work in Vancouver’s west side &/or have experience working with seniors.
Please forward your resume by email to email@example.com by May 31, 2021. We thank every applicant for their interest – however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.