Justice work in the church can often feel lonely and discouraging, working for change that doesn’t come easily, if it comes at all. Just Conversations is a monthly online gathering for anyone in PMRC wanting to connect with others involved with justice work around the region. It will be a chance to deepen your justice work in your faith, share stories about what is happening around the region and develop strategies for working together to support each other in “being the change.”
The first meeting is scheduled to take place on January 20, from 10:00 am – 11:30 am (Pacific), 11:00 am – 11:30 am (Mountain)
- Just Conversations is free and drop-in style
- Open to ministry personnel and congregation members
- Registration is required for the Zoom access. Register here.
- Facilitated by the PMRC’s Ministry for Justice (contact Jane Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information).
Suggested format for the first few gatherings (90 minutes):
- opening reflection on a verse or phrase from scripture or poetry
- naming ourselves around the circle
- sitting with the hard emotions (frustration, anger, grief, outrage, fear)
- naming the hope (what keeps you going?)
- sharing with a dialogue partner
- check-in: what’s on your action call-board?
Search “Just Conversations’ for other dates & times.