The Connections & Directory page hopes to foster a spirit of Neighbours in Christ among United Church people in our region! The Hello, Neighbour communications feature specifically empowers people to discover unique details and gifts in community of faiths and ministries across our region. Posts are added as they are submitted – if you’d like to share about your community of faith or ministry, please do!
Featuring Your Community of Faith
We hope to make it fun for church leaders to share, and for us to read what has been shared! If you’re a church member and want to see a Hello, Neighbour post for your community of faith or ministry, please connect with your minister and share this information with them.
- Copy the text below to an email, complete each line, and send it to Tressa at email@example.com
- Don’t worry about wonky email formatting that might happen when you copy & paste.
- Remember to attached your photos too!
- Community of Faith’s or Ministry’s name:
- Website address, if you have one:
- Minister(s) Name(s):
A Few Pics to Enliven Your Post
Grab your phone or iPad and take a few quick pictures – don’t worry about how ‘good’ they are. Just aim clear focus, and that you have fun taking them.
- Photo(s) of the Minister(S) – selfies are great! (note: they will be shared online and in newsletters)
- Photo of your church – get a fresh one! Take a quick photo of this important landmark, just like you do when you see cool things while on holiday.
- And if you’re really inspired, also go for a photo of your church door standing open, your Christ candle lit, or something special in your sanctuary or church building
Complete The Sentence
- In our town/ neighbourhood, our church is known for…
- Our Mission & Vision statement is ….
- Another community of faith or ministry that who we connect with (informally or formally) sharing time and resources, events, and spiritual care is…
- Some things that we really like and cherish about ourselves as a community of faith are…
- Some challenges our community of faith faces, and we welcome prayers of support for are….
and Bonus Sentences
- The hymns or songs that our community of faith tends to return to again and again are…
- The (usual) benediction that sends us out at the close of Sunday worship is…
- One of the natural features (mountain, hill, body of water, etc) in God’s creation that’s near to where we gather is…
One more thing: If you happen to have a logo for your community of faith or ministry, would you please sent it in as well? Thanks!
And if any questions, please be in touch!