Job Description: Office Administrator
Job Posting Close: May 16, 2022 Midnight
Start Date: June, 2022 (negotiable)
Position Title: Office Administrator
Location: Como Lake United Church
Position Profile: On-site part-time position @ 15 hours per week
Preferred schedule – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Compensation & Benefits: $18-22.00 (commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Reports to: Lead Minister
Commitment Expectation: Minimum 3 years, with a 3-month probationary period
As a support staff position you are an essential member of the Minister’s team responsible for the administrative and office functions of the church. In your position you work collaboratively with the Minister, Council, staff, and volunteer team leaders who serve the congregation and the community. You can be relied upon to always conduct yourself in harmony with the Mission, Values, Vision, and goals of Como Lake United Church.
In this role, you are the first contact individuals see, or speak with, while on church premises. Therefore, a calming and confident presence that is welcoming to the public and members of the congregation is a necessary disposition to ensure everyone feels the church is a safe “oasis” for all. You demonstrate a strong ability of being organized and flexible to balance shifting daily priorities to meet the needs of the Minister, congregants, and community. Your work includes but is not limited to: data/records/supply management, organizing office correspondence and supporting the Council, when requested, as well as schedule and assist in congregant events and services. Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and strong organizational skills are a necessity for the success of this role.
- Consistently exhibits compassion and sensitivity with diverse ages, cultures and genders. In your presence people feel valued, respected, and heard.
- Thrives in a faith-based community supporting administrative duties and church development.
- Ability to interact graciously, and professionally, with congregates and the community, while preserving confidentiality and respecting privacy.
- Proficient with data base and CRM software (specifically Zoho), as well as Microsoft Office, including Publisher. Experience in MailChimp an asset.
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- A minimum of a Grade 12 Diploma. Experience in office administration an asset.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ready, willing, and able to model the vision, mission, and values of Como Lake United Church.
- Proactively oversees and prioritizes all general office duties with a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness. Tasks include, but not limited to phones, emails, room scheduling, record keeping and ordering supplies.
- Maintains and updates a filing system of minutes, policies, and materials.
- Supports Council members including formatting and distributing Annual Reports, minutes, AGM support and other communications according to in-office procedures.
- Providing authorized access to relevant policies, procedures, and wider United Church materials to all affected Ministry teams as per governance policy.
- In a timely matter, alerts property and maintenance team to problems or areas requiring attention.
- Maintain church registers and membership roll including compiling annual statistics reports.
- Prepares content and collaborates to complete weekly emails, worship bulletins, PowerPoint presentations and announcements.
- Accurately completes the required statistical information, including certificates and registers for transfers, weddings, baptisms, funerals and monthly stats for copyrights.
- Maintains a record of hymns/songs used and provides accurate reports information to the licensing offices.
- Provides timely administrative support as required and additional related duties as approved by the Minister.
Compliance Requirements of Role
- Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Record Checks
- Completion of Community of Faith Harassment Training
- Onboarding Policy Documentation
For more information please email email@example.com