Communities of Faith Support Council Purpose
- To support the mission of the Pacific Mountain Regional Council to work toward the creation of healthy communities of faith and ministries, effective leadership and faithful public witness in covenant with Communities of Faith.
- To create and implement the practices and procedures that embody the ends policies for Communities of Faith of the Pacific Mountain Regional Council while ensuring alignment with the polity of the United Church of Canada.
- To develop a regional strategy for supporting, empowering and resourcing Communities of Faith in the Pacific Mountain Region.
Community of Faith Approvals Working Group
As part of their work, the Community of Faith Council is responsible for developing the procedures for the approval of Property Transactions and approval of Community of Faith Life Events as outlined in The Manual. To manage these applications, we have created a working group within the Community of Faith Council called Community of Faith Approvals Working Group. Go to the Approvals Working Group page, under Support and Church Property & Transitions.
Regional Lay Representative
The Regional Council meets regularly, at a General Meeting called by the Regional Council Executive and Executive Minister.
The regional council consists of members of the order of ministry, other ministry personnel, lay members of the United Church, and leaders of associate member ministries, all as set out in The Manual, sections C.1.1 to C.1.3
More information and registration can be done here: Lay Representative Declaration to Pacific Mountain Region.
Community of Faith Council Members
The Council is not representational in model but has a diversity of voices from a variety of geographic areas present at the table striking a balance among urban and rural, ministry personnel and lay leaders, indigenous and settler perspectives.
- Jim Simpson, Chair – Naramata,
- Ivy Thomas – Kelowna,
- Ruth Stebbing – Whitehorse,
- Jody Dudley – Nelson,
- Simone Carrodus – North Vancouver,
- Lawrence Sankey – Lax Kw’alaams,
- Shannon Carson – Prince George,
- Janice Young – White Rock,
- Sally Bullas – Gabriola Island
- Kathy Davies – Regional Minister PMRC Staff
- Gail Miller – Regional Minister PMRC Staff
- Marina Lecian – Pastoral Relations Coordinator PMRC Staff